File Tax Extension

It’s Time To Think About IRS Extensions

Need tax help? CALL 800-804-2769 FOR IMMEDIATE HELP!

IRS tax returns for most taxpayers are due April 18th. But because of storms, some taxpayers in disaster areas can file later. FEMA and the IRS have announced these later tax filing deadlines.

This year the tax deadline day is April 18th thanks to certain holidays. For those who don’t have all their tax information in order, and can’t file a complete return. you can use the automatic six-month extension. But you have to send in an extension form. That’s form 4868. You can get it from the IRS website and it’s simple to fill out.

By the way, you won’t find a signature line so don’t look for one. This lack of a signature line allows tax preparers to send in the forms for their clients.

Remember the extension is only on your paperwork and there is no extension on paying what you owe. Interest will accrue, but with an extension, you’ll avoid the biggest penalties. You should estimate and pay what you expect to pay.

There are also specials rules about extensions for taxpayers who are out of the country or in the military and in hazardous areas.

If your state collects income tax check its rules about extensions. Some states grant an automatic extension without the need to send in an extension form.

It’s always best to consult with a tax professional. And remember if you have a tax problem legal Tax Defense will give you a free consultation. Call now to discuss wage garnishments, audits, or notices from the IRS with a tax attorney


Disclaimer: Alan Mendelson is a well-known TV consumer news reporter who reports on tax issues. You should seek professional advice if you have tax questions or issues. 


Get Your Free Consultation!

By submitting this information you agree to be contacted by Legal Tax Defense Group via phone, text, or email. Standard messaging rates will apply.